Re: [ifwp] A Wrap-up meeting

David and all,

David J. Steele wrote:

> Eric, I agree with your suggestion.  There seems to be a strong desire to
> reach both a consensus and a conclusion.  A wrap-up meeting seems to be the
> appropriate next step.
>
> I propose that such a meeting take place - and I further propose that it
> take place in Los Angeles, the proposed home of ICAAN.
>
> I have spoken with the several key people at Loyola Law School about the
> possibility of hosting such a meeting - and have received a favorable
> response.  (Note: I attend Loyola Law School). Assuming this can be arranged
> - I propose the Loyola Marymount University (LMU) main campus in Los Angeles
> be the site.
>
> The LMU main campus is very close to both Los Angeles International Airport
> and to Marina Del Rey (home of IANA).  Since it is close to the Airport it
> will be easy to reach, and have plenty of hotel rooms, food etc.  And of
> course, LMU has the needed facilities to accommodate such a meeting.
>
> Karl and all, what do you think?

  Well we think that if NSI and the IANA will both attend and abide by any of the
consensus's that are reached at this "Wrap Up" meeting, than it would be an
excellent idea.  However this has been proposed before in Boston, and the IANA
refused to attend and negotiate in good faith with other Stakeholders in an open
fashion.  If the IANA is not willing to attend and abide by the consensus's reached

through any compromise's reached at this proposed "Wrap-up" Meeting than there
is little purpose in having it.