Re: Jewsforjesus.org and registration requirements

At 11:14 AM 8/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> Prof. Mueller:
>>
>> Never mind the part where you attribute an argument to me which I
>> didn't make so that you can masterfully deflate it.  The reference to
>> the licensing requirements of radio and tv were merely mentioned to
>> debunk the statement that registration requirments would be
>> unprecedented in any media nad a "prior restraint."
>
>Please don't mix apples and oranges again.  The statement was that prior
>restraint of business names is unprecedented in any other media.

So then you agree that Brodsky was using Jewsforjesus.org as a business
name?  Why am I asking, you will say you don't agree.

In any event, the my comments had been in the context of general
registration requirements, such as a verifiable identity of the registrant.
 But speaking to your narrower point as to regulations regarding choice of
name, radio and television stations are not free to use any particular call
letters so yes, again, there is a precedent.

And NO business in ANY media can use a trading name which violates the
rights of another (such as Apple Computer or Orange Personal
Communications), so the more important point is quite precedented.