Re: [ifwp] Re: Statement from Jon: regarding potential new IANA initial board members

Martin and all,

Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:

> If Dr. Postel's criteria are respected, then the average age of a Board
> member will be somewhere between 75 and dead.  Structural ageism?
>
> p.s. Although they tend to retire early in Silicon Valley.

  I don't believe that age is really a excluding factor.  I certainly don't
consider it
one.  However I do differ greatly with Jon Postels criterion in several ways.
We will be posting a "Official Opinion" on the selection criterion for Initial
board members in response to Jon Postels posting later today.  In short though
for this post let me say that his criterion is very short sighted and leaves out

allot of wonderful potential candidates.  It is also short sighted in that Jons
criterion leaves out those most knowledgeable in the industry and is very US
centric.

> At 12:35 PM 9/27/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >FYI...
> >
> >(The fact that I am forwarding this should not be construed as a statement
> >of my opinion for or against the notions described below.)
> >
> >                       --karl--

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.