Re: [ifwp] Re: EFF comments on IANA/NSI draft

Jay Fenello wrote:

>This *IS* about Internet Governance!!!
>This *IS* ???

Is not.

Quoting from the White Paper:

"The U.S. Government policy applies only to management of Internet names
and addresses and does not set out a system of Internet "governance".
"The policy that follows does not propose a monolithic structure for
Internet governance.   We doubt that the Internet should be governed by one
plan or one body or even by a series of plans and bodies.  Rather, we seek
a stable process to address the narrow issues of management and
administration of Internet names and numbers on an ongoing basis."

      "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."  Harry S Truman
Ellen Rony                                          //
Co-author: The Domain Name Handbook              *="  ____ /
http://www.domainhandbook.com                       \     )
erony@marin.k12.ca.us                                ||  ||
+1 (415) 435-5010