IANA Articles of Incorporation v.5, Bylaws v.5

Hello,

...and thanks for the opportunity to take part in this! I am not yet an "interested party" as I understand the use of the term, but with a little time and luck I will be. I am, however, quite likely to be immediately and materially affected by your decisions. My comments, then, briefly:

========================
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION

1. Go with IANA instead of ICANN. In the weird way of things human, the name is already identifiable, and the acronym has taken root. No need to further confuse the issue.

4. May I suggest we make the clear priority of educational pursuits over commercial interests a clearly weighted factor in this statement? The markets are huge, and will come and go as needed, but there is presently such a small window for credible education, especially among the young. I think that "window" needs all the help it can get, and that this organization holds unique potential in that regard.

5. See what I mean? We have to make sure the deliberate political impotence of this organization serves the children first. It's a self-protecting and self-correcting principle applicable in every region of the world.

6. If I must take a shot to the head, let it at least not be for trying to cover my butt. I'm OK with this as long as clearly effective guidelines for directorship are abundantly set out and vigorously adhered to.

BYLAWS

Article 5, Section 9 (c): May I suggest a provisional membership structure based on members' demonstrated knowledge of the issues and capacity to perform competently, with a gradual introduction of mechanisms designed to ferret out those areas of worldwide naming schemes needing greater focus of attention?

As I implied earlier, I am but a tiny, tiny blip on the huge map of your relevance.

It is my present understanding that there is so much in the world and on the Net that needs to be made right that every effort must be directed to its point of maximal utility; that there is no way to avoid the politicizing of a great many Internet issues, and that the next ten (or so) years will bring many of those to flashpoint; that the job you are undertaking is long overdue and rendered the more odiously complicated by the radically differing agendae informing the decisions we make.

For these reasons I think what you are doing is of critical importance for humanity, and I openly applaud and support your efforts.

Thank you for reading,

Rob J. Juneau
rob@juniverse.com
http://www.juniverse.com