Re: CLINTON ADMINSITRATION TO ESTABLISH PUBLIC AUTHORITY (NEW IANA CORP.) TO RUN INTERNET

A>(1.) The decision of an agency of US Government to pursue the destruction
>of a private business, to the point of nationalizing 80% of their
>operations (the percentage is the amount of income provided by .com, org.
>and .net registration.

In the case, Data Concepts Inc. v. Digital Consulting Inc. and Network
Solutions Inc., No. 3-96-0429 (M.D. Tenn. filed May 8, 1996), NSI argued
that its dispute resolution policy was not reviewable by a court because
NSI was in effect part of the Executive branch.

And now that contract is coming to an end, as NSI absolutely positively
knew it was going to.

Is this one of those cases where if you keep using the word "nationalizing"
it becomes true?

It just doesn't matter whether NSI, Magaziner, the USG, IANA, Jon Postel,
ARIN, the CIA, or whoever, have been good, bad, foolish, negligent,
arrogant, open, closed or whatever - the Internet community is simply not
bound by any equities based on interpretations of the past five years, and
the past thousands of years before that.  There are no binding contracts
after Oct. 7 affecting the gTLDs.  It is a clean slate.

special note to Jim Fleming - the above comments refer to IPv.8 as well.

While NTIA has embarked on such a course, in the

http://www.cookreport.com/building.html
http://www.cookreport.com