ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

General comments to DAG Version 3

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: General comments to DAG Version 3
  • From: Geoff Hale <geoff.l.hale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:47:18 -0500

I would like to thank you for providing me an opportunity to comment on the
issue of new TLDs. I am probably not your target audience, I am not a
technophile, not an early adopter, nor am I particularly technologically
savvy. That said, I came upon the issue of new TLDs and feel strongly enough
to urge you to look at the issue from a non-technical perspective and open
the Internet to new TLDs.  I feel that opening new TLDs could expand the
e-commerce possibilities in the same way area codes expand the possibilities
of who a person can call.  In this dreary economic state, this is not a time
to be negligent of new commerce methods and broader appeal and organization
for small businesses.  I believe that new TLDs can usher in a new
organization of the internet, instead of filling the ranks of ".com" with
nonsensical terms, we can have a more rational and intuitive online layout.
 At the very least, I would hope your efforts in this matter are genuine and
that you do not intend to stall this in perpetuity.
Thank you,
Geoff Hale