ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

.gmbh Top-Level Domain on Comment to DAG3

  • To: <3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .gmbh Top-Level Domain on Comment to DAG3
  • From: "Dirk Krischenowski | dotBERLIN" <krischenowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:02:17 +0100

Our Berlin-based organization is aiming to create a top-level domain for
companies in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland which have the
legal form of a GmbH (comparable corporate form to a LLC). The new .gmbh
namespace will offer trusted domain names which are verified and will
enhance search engine rankings for GmbHs. Moreover .gmbh will strenghten the
image of the GmbH corporate form Europe wide. The .gmbh project is supported
by companies associations and political parties.

For the 3rd Draft Applicant Guidebook we would like to submit the following
comments:

Added Value is a Competition Factor
***********************************
Price competition is not necessarily associated with lower domain prices; it
is also a question of the added value a new TLD offers. If a GmbH company
can reach a better search engine position with a US$ 70.00
www.companyname.gmbh than with a US$ 15.00 www.companyname-net.org then the
initially more expensive .gmbh domain name offers significant cost savings
at the end of the day.

There is a clear Demand for .gmbh
*********************************
The term "gmbh" is one of the most often used terms in .de domain names.
Today we have over 80,000 domain names like www.abc-gmbh.de in Germany with
contain "gmbh". In an overcrowded namespace like .de this is a very clear
indicator for a demand in the .gmbh TLD.

We need a Timeline!
*******************
With support of our stakeholders we urge ICANN to proceed with the
introduction of new gTLDs. Arguments on this topic have been articulated on
plenty occasions by new gTLD prospects and other members of the ICANN
community, we do not want to repeat them here.

Dirk Krischenowski

Top-Level-Domain .gmbh
Akazienstrasse 2
10823 Berlin