ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

ICANN!

  • To: <3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN!
  • From: matt crow <mecrow61@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:56:17 -0500

Dear ICANN,
I write you to express my support for the introduction of new top-level domain
names. I believe that Internet users around the globe will benefit from the
ability of organizations and communities to develop TLDs that will provide a
controlled and verified source for information, goods, and services.  No longer
will we have to defensively purchase domain far-reaching, misspelled, and
correlative domains to prevent scammers from profiting illicitly off of our
good name.  In an industry like ours, we need to provide our customers the
feelings of safety and trust in our brand. If opening new TLDs would deter
cyber-squatting and make phishing and other scams less effective than our
business supports it wholeheartedly. I hope that you find this version of the
DAG near final, so that we can stop waiting on the opening of the Internet.
Matthew Crow
Vice President
National Capitol Area Concessions, Inc.
Alexandria, Virginia