ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Comments to the DAG

• To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments to the DAG
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:02:49 -0500

To whom it may concern:

I am writing you ask and encourage you to quickly take the necessary steps to expand the internet with open top level domain names in the very near future.

As a small business owner the internet is very important to me and I have been extremely surprised and frustrated that I was not able to secure a suitable domain name (except possibly at great expense by purchasing one at an outrageous price) even after spending a great deal of time searching different combinations. Perhaps large corporations can afford to buy suitable domain names but I cannot. I finally settled on what I consider a poor domain name that I think will be much less productive than a better domain name would have been (or could be!). This not only hurts my business but it makes it more difficult for potential clients to find my services. I have spoken with many other businesses who have had the same difficulty.

Through this frustrating experience I learned about the practice (business) of cyber squatting, which is a frustrating impediment that is harmful to the internet and its users. My experience and discussions with knowledgeable internet experts has led me to believe that opening new top level domain names will provide me and business (and others and their businesses) with the opportunity to have a professional, relevant, and affordable domain name.

Please continue the process of opening new top-level domain names and move this issue out of the drafting/discussion phase. Of course I support and respect related issues of security and capacity, but I believe that action must be taken soon.

Best regards,
Doug

Doug Motley
Energy Consulting, Inc.
Serving the wholesale power industry
517-339-7620
d.motley@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.energyci.com

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy