ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

[no subject]

  • To: <3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject:
  • From: "Keith Nahigian" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:41:37 -0500

To ICANN;

I am a small business owner, the internet for me is a way to communicate
with clients and grow my business.  I have started several companies and the
first challenging hurdle is getting the web name that still exists on the
web.  This makes it very difficult and should not have to take the first
week of a new company trying to come up with a cryptic name that somehow is
available. I think I am being limited in my ability to communicate with my
community, I want something that will help make my website standout on a
local level and not get lost in the hundreds of competitors that come up on
searches. There is real benefit to the idea of regional top-level domain
names for local commerce and I want you to follow through on your charter to
open the internet to new TLDs as soon as possible. Please, be mindful of
businesses and end this cycle of DAG drafts.

In this bad global economy I think anything that is possibly slowing
businesses from starting and growing should be eliminated.  No more delay.
No more comment periods and get out of the way so that we can grow.

Thank you for allowing me to comment,

Keith Nahigian
President
Nahigian Strategies, LLC