ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-string]

Community Priority (Comparative) Evaluation Criteria is ... Correct!!!

  • To: 3gtld-string@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Community Priority (Comparative) Evaluation Criteria is ... Correct!!!
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:37:11 -0500

It has been a long path from the Los Angeles meeting when we began to urge Staff to implement the San Juan recommendations of Council, to this in 4.2.3:

"It should be noted that a qualified community application
eliminates all directly contending standard applications,
regardless of how well qualified the latter may be. This is a
fundamental reason for very stringent requirements for
qualification of a community-based application, as
embodied in the criteria below."

I am so pleased. I thank Olaf Nordling, Kurt Pritz and anyone else on Staff who worked this issue.

We got it right!

In a personal, rather happy, capacity.

Eric Brunner-Williams