ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

A serious issue with Domain Registry of America

  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: A serious issue with Domain Registry of America
  • From: "Frank Khoury" <ufopro@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 02:30:00 -0800

I just have one question. How does droa.com continue getting away with their
blatant scam on the internet. They send out domain name expiration notices to
customers of other registrars. I design, host and maintain over 120 hotel
websites. My clients don't know very much about domain names and hosting.
DROA.com intentionally sends them a document that most people would view as a
bill from the company that they have been doing business with. Some clients
contact me first to verify the notice from droa.com, but several have sent in
the money, thinking that the notice came from me or a company that I am
affiliated with. I realize that this alone may not be grounds for any legal
action against droa.com, but just today, I received a domain name expiration
notice from droa.com. The domain name that they are sending me an expiration
notice for expires on May 15th 2005! That's 6 months away. Now that they have
actually contacted me, I want to know what action, if any I can take against
droa.com.