ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

world wide business domain

  • To: forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: world wide business domain
  • From: me here <internetscamwarning1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:25:46 -0700 (PDT)

May 10, 2005

I was just on the phone on the company that presents themselves as World Wide
Business Domain. They explained to me that there was an American man who was
wanting to purchase many domain names that related to my company name They say
that the American man was very rude and was wanting to purchase these domains
and then have them redirected to his own website. The female representative
said that they had asked if this American man was from my company and he had
said that he wasn't. World Wide Business Domain then explained that it was
illegal for anyone to pass off themselves as a another company and the man had
replied that he knew all about the law and wanted it done anyways. Apparently
the man had already purchased the 9 domain names for a term of 10 years with
his credit card for 2800 pounds but I was offered the opportunity to purchase
them myself. They also explained that I must make this purchase in the next 25
minutes as their offices were closing and they could not w!
ait until
 the following day.

It was at this point that I did a google search and found very limited but
critical information regarding their scam. I am thankful that someone had
already posted warnings on the internet or else I may have fallen victim to
this very well executed script. This google discovery occured when I had them
on the phone so I was able to extend my conversation with them and add a few
more dollars to their phone bill. Hopefully they call back.

Michelle

Vancouver, Canada

Yahoo! Mail Mobile