ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Domain Registry of America - problem

  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domain Registry of America - problem
  • From: "George Pisching" <george.pisching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:06:51 -0700

I received several "invoice" looking renewal mailings from Domain
Registry of America. I mistook them to be from my registrar and before
the expiration dates on several domains paid the registration fee for a
five year renewal.
Well it seems they have not renewed the domain names and now my ISP has
taken them down as expired. They want a $150 each restore fee to put
them back on the DNS.
I need to get these back up and feel that I have been scammed by DROA.
I have tried to contact DROA and resolve the issue. Their response was
to talk to my ISP. My ISP, AITCom.net, says DROA has not renewed the
names.
What can I do? Fingers are pointing in opposite directions!

George Pisching
PenLizard Design

(559) 442-8206
george.pisching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx