ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [alac] Voting on ALS applications

• To: "'Annette Muehlberg'" <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>, "'ALAC ICANN Bruce Beckwith'" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Voting on ALS applications
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:35:03 -0400

Hi-- how about this suggestion:
we vote EVERY MONTH on whatever we do have ready.
One time to do this would be  the week after our conference call.

The voting tool is no problem to set up; it's been set for awhile now for the ones I *think* we're going to vote on, but I need to double check when we get the word from Bruce/Annette. I don't mind doing this once a month. (Remember though, my term expires after Dec unless Nomcom puts me back on.)

By the way, I have been doing some work on the "Issues Tracking" tool search. I set up an account in Basecamp-- it's wonderful and would work great, the only problem is that it would have to be set up for each "project" (ALS application) and that would be a pain. Not that I have abandoned Basecamp but I'm still looking elsewhere.

What I found out is that we're really not tracking issues so much as setting milestones along the ALS path that has to end at 3 months out. So- again looking at Mambo components....
Must haves I've sent to Larry--
--ability to set up "resources" (people) that can be assigned into multiple projects without having to re-enter their contact data. Resources will be me, Annette, Bruce, ALAC, ICANN Staff, etc. People who can actually login and change things will be me, Annette, Bruce, and ?

--ability to set milestones based on time-- ie the ALS process should not take more than 3 months. Along the way there are a bunch of milestones.

--must email "nag" the resource people the task is assigned to X days before the milestone is due. If milestone isn't completed, the system will escalate and nag other people about it too.

--should show the entire calendar of the project-- what milestones are upcoming, how many days lead time, etc.

Should have the ability to show a "public" read-only view of the project's progress.

Nice to have :
RSS of the project's progress

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy