ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Board Meeting

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Board Meeting
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:47:12 -0400 (EDT)

The point I was trying to make is that, while 5 cents is still less than the
prorata cost of the yearly fee, it is better than nothing and might be
sufficient to stop the ill practice, while not creating secondary effects.

I entirely agree. The only note I'd add is that if it doesn't stop domain tasting, they might need to revisit the issue to revise the cancellation threshold down from 90% and the fee up from 5 cents.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor