ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ICANN regions

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ICANN regions
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:28:17 +0200

Roberto Gaetano ha scritto:
I wonder whether ALAC should open a similar discussion, and gather Internet user (and ALSes) input on the subject, in order to present a position reflecting consensus points, if any, and Internet users concerns.

I'm not sure that we would get significant public input on such a specific matter, but we could rather ask for input by those user groups which are directly affected by the points that will likely constitute the main matters of the revision - for example, whether "overseas territories" should stay with their "mother" country (e.g. Aruba, Tahiti and the Cayman Islands are currently in Europe according to ICANN) or with their geographical region. I'm sure that groups from the Caribbean and the Pacific Islands are likely to have an opinion on this.

In the meanwhile, I'm noting that having Cyprus (an EU member country) in Asia/Pacific doesn't make a lot of sense...
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...