ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: more Re: [alac] ICANN regions

  • To: "Jean Armour Polly" <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: more Re: [alac] ICANN regions
  • From: "Hong Xue" <hongxueipr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:56:36 +0800

Dear Mom,

Sure, I can provide you the Chinese equivalences for  "Yes, No, Don't
know, Tell us more". But the website is still in English interface.
Would Chinese users be able to use it?

Hong

On 10/15/06, Jean Armour Polly <mom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, if native speakers could give me the questions in languages other than English, why couldn't those go on the same survey as another sentence in the English question? I'd need responses in the other languages too. (Yes, No, Don't know, Tell us more (for the free response-type questions). SurveyMonkey doesn't support Unicode yet. http://surveymonkey.com/ SurveyMonkey says "We currently support almost all Western languages based on Roman character sets. If you are unsure, try creating a simple one question survey as a test. Currently, SurveyMonkey does not support multi-byte (Unicode) character sets such as Japanese or Chinese. This is a feature we are working on adding soon."

SurveyMonkey is the only one I've used, it does give great results and it's
easy to drill into the responses. If someone else is familiar with another
survey tool, especially one that does Unicode-- let us know.
JP