ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] ICANN Takes on Spam

  • To: "'Vittorio Bertola'" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Bret Fausett'" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] ICANN Takes on Spam
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:33:00 +0100

FYI, there is discussion right now going on about the opportunity of
including these types of links, and there is, like for most issues, a wide
difference of opinions.
My personal take is that it should not be there, because it could give the
impression of mission creep, but have also to confess that I don't see it as
a very problematic issue.
The most important thing is, IMHO, to define a policy (in the strict sense,
i.e. just an internal rule for ICANN staff) on what to include in the
newsletters, web pages, etc., and what to leave out even if some members of
the ICANN community might be interested.

Incidentally, I think that the coverage of spam-related issues started with
the Spamhaus legal case, and maybe somebody thought important to follow up
with other spam-related news.

Regards,
Roberto Gaetano
ALAC