ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [alac-admin] REMINDER: ALAC Monthly Telcon TODAY 13 Nov 13:30 UTC/GMT

  • To: Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] REMINDER: ALAC Monthly Telcon TODAY 13 Nov 13:30 UTC/GMT
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:45:52 -0500

I'm sorry, but I couldn't reschedule a meeting set for the same time.

The WHOIS Task Force is proceeding toward a preliminary report (whose staff-prepared draft I circulated earlier). The Operational Point of Contact proposal has been at the front of discussions, and Steve Metallitz for the IPC has counter-proposed a "special circumstances" system in which everyone's information is displayed in WHOIS unless they can convince a third party they have special need for privacy. We should consider commenting when the preliminary report is published -- we can discuss in Sao Paulo.

--Wendy