ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] SP Agenda

  • To: jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] SP Agenda
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:30:18 +0100

At the IGF meeting, I had the chance to have a talk with Paul Twomey. He explained that we need to start to plan the budget for 2007-2008 after Sao Paulo and Kurt could give us advice on the procedures.

This year, the ALAC and its budget committee did a very precise project oriented planning for the budget 2006-2007, but did not get any feedback on it. Two month after the start of the new fiscal year we were finally informed about the amount of money the ALAC budget was about. But even on this, we did not get clarification if this includes the costs for the external self review or not (difference of $ 150,000). And there are other open questions about budget freeze or for example the question, if we could transfer money from one fiscal year to the next in case we had to postpone a project planned for the current fiscal year etc.

So, we would like to get an allround information on what is the current state of the art and procedures and deadlines for the next fiscal year, so that we can plan ahead and meet the requirements and given deadlines.

Best
Annette

Jacqueline Morris schrieb:
Sorry
I missed the teleconference - I was in the air at the time.
What budget issues are still outstanding?
Jacqueline