ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] [fwd] [gnso-dow123] Call for constituency statements (from: jordyn.buchanan@gmail.com)

  • To: Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] [fwd] [gnso-dow123] Call for constituency statements (from: jordyn.buchanan@gmail.com)
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:21:50 -0500 (EST)

I'm going to potentially show my ignorance here. When ALAC comes to a
consensus, how does it then interact with the ALS community in order
to get any comments from them? How are those comments then
incorporated into the final output document?

All excellent questions that are completely unresolved at this point. Historically, ICANN has often given us so little time to respond to a proposed activity that we can barely poll the members of the ALAC, much less all the ALSes, and since the mailing lists were basically not maintained or updated, it was very difficult to contact the ALSes when we wanted to.

I would suggest a procedure in which, assuming the ALS list is now reasonably up to date, we write to the ALSes, ask them to comment, post the comments on our web site, and try to synthesize their comments when developing our position.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor