ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Call for constituency statements (from: jordyn.buchanan@gmail.com)

  • To: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Call for constituency statements (from: jordyn.buchanan@gmail.com)
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:11:57 +0100

John L ha scritto:
Perhaps this is due to a different social culture, but I am as scared by "neighbourhood watches" - be them in the real or in the online world - than I am by spamming and phishing.

Hmmn. Do you have to provide accurate information to get a license plate for your car?

Yes, but it's not in a publicly accessible database, it can only be read by police. If the owner of a motorway films me while I go through the toll without paying, they can't get to me directly - they have to go to the police instead. I still can't understand why you can't do the same on the Internet.

Ciao,