ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Draft FINAL Task Force Report on Whois Services

  • To: <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Draft FINAL Task Force Report on Whois Services
  • From: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:17:24 -0800

fyi

  _____

From: owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Maria Farrell
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 8:15 AM
To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Task Force members,

Attached is the draft FINAL Task Force Report on Whois Services ahead of the
next Task Force call, on Monday 22nd January.

It includes the constituency statements, a summary of the public comments,
the two recent proposals submitted to the task force (Avri Doria/Robin
Gross/Wendy Seltzer's and also Marilyn Cade's), and a blank section on the
task force's recommendations underneath each term of reference.

One constituency statement is not part of the report as it was submitted as
a pdf. I've attached it to this email, and will incorporate it into the Task
Force report as soon as I get a text version.

Also, I'd like to draw your attention to two suggestions made in the BC
statement for edits to the report itself. If the task force thinks these are
reasonable, I will make these changes after Monday's meeting.

Best regards, Maria

A. A brief summary of the various processes and events undertaken by the TF,
including participation in workshops, outreach via conference calls to
external parties, etc. should be added to the Background section, under a
suitable heading describing the work processes of the TF.

B. Full wording of the GNSO Council resolutions should be added as
appendices and links to the resolutions be inserted into the Background
section of the Final Task Force Report. This will provide a fuller record
when the Final report is considered by the GNSO Council, and eventually, the
ICANN Board. The relevant resolutions are 20060720-02 and 20060720-03 and
can be found at www.gnso.icann.org/resolutions.