ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Ballot for a new BC Charter

  • To: <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Ballot for a new BC Charter
  • From: "Rick Anderson" <RAnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:21:24 -0600

This is a ridiculous provision, a clumsy attempt at stifling discussion.  My
company would never agree to have its own actions and statements bound by the
charter of an association it belongs to, no seripus business could or would.

 Let's just disband the BC and get on with the new CSG.  We have stalled on
that long enough, and it is where we need to apply our energies and focus.  It
has been a very long time since the BC was an effective means for the provision
of our input to the BC, it has become a private fiefdom of a very small number
of individuals.

We vote against the adoption of this charter.

cheers/Rick

Rick Anderson
EVP, InterBorder Holdings Ltd
email: randerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx