ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Message from Mike Roberts

  • To: <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, <mmr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christopher Martin <cgmartin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Message from Mike Roberts
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 03:37:12 -0400

Nice to hear from you, Mike!
When you get into Seoul, if you are looking for where the majority of the BC
members who are here are 'hanging' out, on Sunday a.m., you will find some in
Emerald Room and some in Sapphire Room beginning at 9 a.m.
At 11:30 a.m. probably EVERYONE from the BC, as well as others, will be in
Emerald, since Kurt Pritz is doing an update on the new gTLD process.   It will
be great to have a chance to talk to you and also to Chris Martin regarding
both topics while you are both here in Seoul. thanks for making that offer via
the BC list.
One point:  I wanted to note that on Wednesday at 11 a.m., there is also an
important meeting related to the Nom Committee [NomComm] Presentation of the WG
Report -- I believe that BC members may be interested in that report, since it
has significant implications for how to improve the NomComm process and the
NomComm.
Mike, I am not sure if you have that meeting on your agenda already. That
meeting, just so all understand, is at the same time as the GNSO Policy Council
meeting, and also competes with the DNSSEC Workshop.  For the convenience of
the BC members and Mike, I've pasted that meeting below.
Review of the Nominating Committee: presentation of the WG reportDate:
Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 11:00 - 12:30WebcastAudiocast: Audio Streaming
providedRoom:  Garnet (L37)What it is |  This is the presentation to community
of the draft report of the Nominating Committee review Working Group,
containing recommendations to the Structural Improvements Committee and the
Board.Why it's important |  The Nominating Committee review WG follows up on
the independent review finalized at the end of 2007 by external consultants.
The first positions expressed in 2008 by the WG needed to be validated once
terminated the process of review of other key structures of ICANN, which are
strictly interlinked with the review of the NomCom. The NomCom review WG has
recently updated the initial findings from the early phases of the review and
presents now its draft recommendations, for public consultation.The outcome of
this review is particularly important in consideration of the high significance
of the role plaid by the Nominating Committee of ICANN in terms of selection of
individuals that will be called to play a key role of governance of the
organization.Who should attend? Past and present Chairs and Members of the
Nominating Committee: this will be a crucial occasion to interact with the WG
after the workshops recently organized in Mexico City and in Sydney that
allowed the WG to progress on its workMembers of the community interested in
the review of key structures of the organization, and on the interlinks between
this review and other key reviews of ICANNMembers of the Board, who will have
an occasion to hear the voices of the interested members of the community
before taking a decision on the measures proposed by the report of the WGAgenda
details: Thomas Roessler (Chair NomCom review WG) and Marco Lorenzoni
(Director, Organizational reviews): presentation of the WG reportMembers of the
Board review WG: Jonathan Cohen, Steve Goldstein, Alejandro Pisanty: agenda
items to be confirmedComments from participants: open microphone