ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] NetChoice comment on IANA

  • To: "bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx" <bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] NetChoice comment on IANA
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:33:22 +0000

Just sharing the NetChoice comment on IANA (attached).

We took a different tack than ETNO, because we are concerned about ICANN's
'commitment' to the Affirmation of Commitments.

Before responding to specific questions in the RfC, we address the comment
filed by ICANN on March 25, arguing to remove Commerce Department review of
IANA function performance.  For reasons explained below, we believe that
Commerce must retain regular IANA contract reviews in order to hold ICANN to
its Affirmation of Commitments.

…

--
Steve DelBianco