ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Blog on Accountability (mentions the BC)

  • To: "bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Blog on Accountability (mentions the BC)
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:01:48 +0000

I posted this at CircleID and wanted to share.  This post mentions the BC
comments on accountability.

ICANN in Hollywood: Foreshadowing a Happy
Ending?<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>

As we arrived in Hollywood -- the land of happy endings -- ICANN had just given
us cause to hope that the ICANN accountability process might get its own
Hollywood ending, despite a fitful start. As one who's been critical of ICANN
management's heavy-handed attempts to control the accountability process, it's
only appropriate to give credit where credit is due. In accepting the
community's strenuous -- and nearly unanimous -- calls for a cross-community
working group to lead the process of improving ICANN's accountability
mechanisms, ICANN management says it's now prepared to follow the community's
lead, rather than dictating and constraining it.

<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>read

more<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>»<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>

-
Steve DelBianco