ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] ICANN Accountability CCWG - latest draft of prior proposals

  • To: BC List <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] ICANN Accountability CCWG - latest draft of prior proposals
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:57:03 +0000

Here’s what I circulated to the Accountability CCWG
(link<https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/CCWG+on+Enhancing+ICANN+Accountability+Home>)
 on Sunday evening, for discussion on tomorrow’s call.

Hope you’re good with how I organized previous accountability proposals into 3
sections:
1. Mechanisms to give the community authority over the ICANN corporation
2. Mechanisms to prescribe or restrict actions of the ICANN corporation
3. Mechanisms to ensure transparency of the ICANN corporation and the broader
community

Our current draft list is very manageable, at under 2 pages.

I proposed this rationale to designate whether in work stream 1 or 2:
 Work Stream 1 is designated for accountability enhancements that must be
in-place or firmly committed before IANA transition occurs.  All other items
are Work Stream 2, provided there are mechanisms in WS1 adequate to force
implementation of WS2 items despite resistance from ICANN management and board.

How does that sound to you?

As I noted earlier, we are tasked now just to give a starting point of
accountability enhancement suggestions. Our entire CCWG will surely develop
more enhancements over the course of our work.

—Steve