ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] CCWG on ICANN Accountability: Work Stream 1 and the concept of Leverage

  • To: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BC List <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] CCWG on ICANN Accountability: Work Stream 1 and the concept of Leverage
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 22:53:44 -0500

Steve, thanks for this update.
I share the concerns about accountability mechanisms being essential and the
linkage to the IANA Transition - while enhancing the present mechanisms can be
an improvement it is simply not enough.
I am troubled to hear that the Board is viewed as possibly rejecting effective
accountability mechanisms that the broad community recommends -- that speaks to
the critical importance of the BC engaging more directly with the CSG
constituencies, and with the Contracted Party SGs and CCNSO to discuss shared
views about accountability.
Steve, this also should rise to the top of the priority list for the
Intercessional discussions.  We will have Crocker and Kummer joining the
Intercessional, along with Fadi, as noted in the agenda.
I will look for the transcript. It didn't seem to be available as of yet.
Thanks so much for the ongoing feedback. It is very helpful to the BC!
Marilyn