ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "Debra Murphy" <dmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:35:28 -0400

As a marketing agency who helps small businesses effectively market their
products and services, I am firmly opposed to the variable pricing of domain
names by the .org registry. Internet marketing levels the playing field and
ensures that all businesses can successfully gain visibility and revenue
from effective marketing. Making a web presence cost prohibitive to the
small businesses that I work with will only hurt the small players. Remember
that the small business fuels not only the U.S.'s economy, but those of many
countries.

I vote no to the proposed variable pricing proposal. Leave the system as is.

Regards,

Debra Murphy