ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

comments on proposed changes to registry agreements

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: comments on proposed changes to registry agreements
  • From: Mitchell Kahn <mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:56:38 -0400

While I have no problem with the fee structure proposed for ICANN, I am incensed at the proposed lifting of price controls on Registry Services. This is an unfair business model and needs oversight that will not be available under the proposed plan. This could lead to instability in the business of small organizations and in fact price them out of the market, leaving web site availability only to established firms with deep pockets.

Please do not put this plan into action.
_

Mitchell Kahn
mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel. 616.241.5650 x10