ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

I say NO!

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I say NO!
  • From: "Kim @" <cheapdomains@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:33:02 +0000

To whom it may concern:

As a multiple site owner, with substantial of time and money invested into domain names and development, I wish to express my deep concern for the latest proposal of lifting the price control for .org, .info and .biz. I thought the main purpose of ICANN was to serve the general interst of the public rather than companies driven by profit. This propsal can only benefit the latter, with little or no concern/benefits for the general public.

I respectully urge you to think this over, and I truly hope you will see the long-term damage it may have on the continous growth of e-commerce. After all, monopolies and greed didn't create the phenomena we see today online, but rather regular hardworking folks that found a new market place full of opportunites - where folks were treated the same by the people who "govern" the internet. This may all change soon I'm afraid...