ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposition to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposition to variable pricing
  • From: "Jim Smith, The Executive Happiness Coach" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:19:11 -0400

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in developing
the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the
variable pricing of domain names by the .org registry.

The internet has made it possible for people like me -- small business owners,
the lifeblood of the economy -- to play on a level
field.  And I'm thinking well beyond the developed western countries, to small
businesses in developing nations who have been able
to capture a market outside their local area because of the internet.  In my
humble opinion, the variable pricing policy shift could
cull those very people out of the market.

Keep the playing field level.  Please.

Jim Smith, The Executive Happiness Coach(tm)
President, People Inc
www.1LeaderCoach.com