ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "David Farlow" <dfarlow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:04:15 -0700

This is a radical change to the domain system that could seriously affect my
business and livelihood.

I have invested a considerable amount of time, effort and money into
building my websites under the assumption that domain names would continue
to be fairly priced and allow everyone to compete on a level field. This
would totally destroy my marketing strategy which I have spent years in
developing.

The current system works just fine as is. The proposal for variable pricing
would favor big companies with money and would hamstring small businesses.
This is unfair and unwise.

I strongly oppose the variable pricing of domain names by the .biz registry.

David Farlow