ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to Variable Pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to Variable Pricing
  • From: "Kelly Howard" <ckhoward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:43:06 -0500

Millions of internet sites are being run as small businesses which each
day benefit economies worldwide.  Presently, the playing field between
"big business" and small businesses is not level.  With a government who
appears to be trying on all fronts to rid us of pesky small businesses
(see Net Neutrality, Variable Pricing, What am I missing?) it is
becoming increasingly more difficult to participate and prosper.  By
ICANN proposing the possibility of "variable pricing" structure based on
some future whim it simply adds one more layer of big
business/governmental bed partners.  We voted you in, we can vote you
out.

Kelly Howard