ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing!

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing!
  • From: michael <donohoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:08:21 -0400

Hello,

I am opposed to the potential price hikes in the .info, .org and .biz domains.

I help run a number of small web sites (non-commercial) and I am
firmly opposed to the variable pricing of domain names by the .org
registry.

Increased pricing would take these sites off the map, as well as other
sites that I visit. In addition I think its scandelous to increase
prices on a service that requires no overhead like printing,
distribution, manufacture etc. other than that to maintain and run a
large DB (this is a simplictic comparison but its not costing you tons
of cash to "make" a .org domain).

I would also urge you to extend this comment period as I know many
people who are unaware of this!

Regards,
Michael