ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: OSM Ventures <osmrep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:53:37 -0600

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<pre wrap="">To the ICANN Board,

As a small business operator, with substantial effort and time invested in my
domain names, you need to know about my strong opposition to this proposed
lifting of price controls. Instituting variable pricing will seriously hinder
the ability for small business owners from operating effectively against the
bigger, moneyed players. Small business makes up a significant portion of the
economic engine in most countries these days. Not only are you affecting
internet-only business but also all those small to medium-sized businesses who
rely on the internet to effectively remain in contact with their clients and
provide services and information to them. Your decision to go forward with an
uncapped pricing policy will have tremendous implications that may well impact
the health and vitality of the internet itself.

I respectfully request that you reconsider and reconstruct these contracts and
remove the no price caps clause completely.

Paula Polman
Alberta, Canada
</pre>