ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

opposed to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "Jason Rigo" <rigojay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:56:44 -0400

I am strongly opposed to variable pricing. I don't think a popularity
contest should decide who is invited to the party.
Being a small business owner, I do not like the threat of possibly losing my
domain name to someone with deeper pockets.
The institution of this pricing scheme, will undoubtedly negatively impact
others from being able to start online businesses.
It will further, cripple the capitilast system, and seriously impact the
viability of the internet.
What's next contracts with municipalities?