ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

"NO - No - No" to Variable Pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: "NO - No - No" to Variable Pricing
  • From: "San Disk" <disksan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:30:25 -0400

To the ICANN Board - Attention please.

In permitting even the theoretical hiking of fees for domain name renewals,
ICANN is threatening nothing less than the democratic nature of the
Internet. The relatively low cost of renewing my domain name and hosting the
site is extremely important to me. Operating such a site now feels like an
extension of my free speech rights! I am counting on you not to do anything
to erode that.

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in
developing the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the variable
pricing of domain names by the .org .info & .biz registry.

Thank you.

Samuel