ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

NO to variable pricing.

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NO to variable pricing.
  • From: "Ian Andrew" <Ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:38:17 +0100

NO to variable pricing.

Hello,
I am a small business owner, have worked hard and made a huge investment
in buying and developing my domain names, just like 1000's of others.
The fixed and known prices that we pay are fundamental to our business
model.
Allowing a registrar or registry to hike registration fees prices based
on an individual name and/or business that we own is capitalising on our
business efforts at our expense.
Completely outrageous - It potentially takes the control and value out
of everything that we own and have built.

Ian Andrew
Dotcom Agency