ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing proposal

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing proposal
  • From: "A. Lester Buck III" <icann-reg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:50:32 -0500

I am a small business person with a number of websites under my
control, some more valuable than others.  The current uniform
pricing of domain names is the only fair way to manage a public
monopoly such as the  gTLDs.  Until there are dozens of alternate
viable gTLDs, I am very much opposed to any variation from the
current fixed pricing schedule.  Such a proposal could be a
huge burden on existing businesses which have built an internet
presense with their labor and would then risk having all their
work be confiscated by predatory commercial interests.

Sincerely,

A. Lester Buck III
Compact Data
Houston, Texas 77025