ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [ccnso-idncctld] Linguistic Experts Committee

• To: Chris Disspain <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ccnso-idncctld] Linguistic Experts Committee
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:53:56 -0400

Hello Chris et al;

In the interest of maintaining the "fast track" approach, as well as maintaining as neutral an approach as possible to the factors IANA uses in considering a delegation or redelegation of a ccTLD, I suggest modifying the language in the document titled "Some notes on the Committee of Linguistic Experts and Technical Committee" to better reflect IANA practice and the language of RFC-1591 and ICP-1.

Here's the original language in that paragraph:

It is an overarching principle that the methodology has to take into account and be based on current practices for delegation and re-delegation. Under those IANA does due diligence to check that there is support/acceptance from the relevant stakeholders, including the relevant public authority in the territory. It is the responsibility of the proposed IDN ccTLD operator to submit satisfactory
evidence of the demonstrated support/acceptance in territory.

I suggest you modify the language of the first full paragraph of that document. Here's my proposed new paragraph, with my proposed changes and additions in upper case: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------- It is an overarching principle that the methodology has to take into account and be based on current practices for delegation and re-delegation. Under those IANA does due diligence to check that there is COMMUNICATION WITH [DELETE: "support/acceptance from"] the relevant stakeholders, including the relevant public authority in the territory, AND THAT THE RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS HAVE BEEN INFORMED AND SUPPORT/ACCEPT, OR AT A MINIMUM DO NOT OBJECT TO, THE DELEGATION. It is the responsibility of the proposed IDN ccTLD operator to submit satisfactory evidence [DELETE: of the demonstrated] THAT APPROPRIATE COMMUNICATION WITH RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS HAS BEEN MADE AND THAT THERE IS support/acceptance, OR AT A MINIMUM NO OBJECTION, in THE territory. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

I believe abiding by these small changes in the language will assure that the "fast track" is, in fact, fast.

Regards,

Bill Semich
.NU Domain

On May 9, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Chris Disspain wrote:

All,

Attached are some notes that Bart and I have prepared looking at the Linguistic Committee idea. Hopefully they will be useful for our discussions on Monday.

Cheers,

Chris Disspain

CEO - auDA

Australia's Domain Name Administrator

ceo@xxxxxxxxxxx

www.auda.org.au

Important Notice - This email may contain information which is confidential and/or subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy