ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

Re: [ccnso-idncctld] Draft Final Report

  • To: "Bart Boswinkel" <bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx>, ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ccnso-idncctld] Draft Final Report
  • From: "Hong Xue" <hongxueipr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:51:35 +0800

Our next call on June 11 will be partially clashing with ALAC Monthly
call. Just in case I cannot join you at the seocnd half, I'm sending
in my comments in advance.

Firstly, I'm sticking to my views on "non-contentiousness" and
"objection procedure" raised in the two calls in April 2008;

Secondly, fast-track is only the beginning, not the last thing that
everybody must catch. To ensure the speed implementation, we shall
keep it as non-contentious as possible. It does not make much sense to
complicate the whole thing and consequently slow down its takeoff. Why
not simply let those that are completely non-contentious ones go
first? There will be a PDP to catch all!

Third, any further delay will only take toll on the users who have
been anxiously waiting for IDNs for a very long time. So, no more
delay! Fast track must proceed as scheduled.

Hong