ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

[ccnso-idncctld] Suggested Edits for Principle C

  • To: <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ccnso-idncctld] Suggested Edits for Principle C
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:06:51 +0800

Hi Everyone,

Suggested wording change for Principle C:

---------------

C: Territory needs to be ready to use the IDN ccTLD

The purpose of Fast Track is to meet pressing demand.  This pressing demand
should be accompanied with and evidenced by the territory to meet the
requirements to introduce an IDN ccTLD under the Fast Track. The territory
needs to be ready to use the IDN ccTLD and to demonstrate that readiness.

---------------

As discussed in the meeting today, I think it will be useful to reword
Principle C.  I am not suggesting any change to the concept, nevertheless, I
have received some comments about the problem of the logic of Principle C as
described.  More specifically, that it does not follow that "readiness" is
an evidence of "pressing demand".

Nevertheless I do understand the rationale behind the description based on
the context of our discussions.

The edits are suggested to make it more understandable for those reading
only the report.

I believe they should be minor changes and do not change the intent of the
principle.

Edmon