ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

Re: [ccnso-idncctld] FW: Adjusted language from todays meeting

  • To: hotta@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ccnso-idncctld] FW: Adjusted language from todays meeting
  • From: Patrik Fältström <patrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:39:46 +0200

On 22 jun 2008, at 09.16, HiroHOTTA wrote:

May I ask you whether, for example, German-speaking
territory can apply for a German territory name as IDN
ccTLD string in the Fast Track if the string has 'eszett'?

One small note that is not of course what you ask, BUT, 'eszett' is not a codepoint that is allowed to be registered in DNS in an internationalized domain name according to IDNA2003 (it is mapped to "ss"), and neither in the current version of IDNA2008.

So I understand your example, but the answer is "no" to your question, but maybe not for the reason you where expecting :-)

There are though other examples that can be used, for example if "Sweden" in Swedish was spelled with an 'ä' (Latin Small Letter A With Diaeresis, U+00E4).

   Patrik