ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ccwg-accountability-03aug15]

Comments on CCWG-Accountability

  • To: comments-ccwg-accountability-03aug15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on CCWG-Accountability
  • From: Linda Breucker <Linda.Breucker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:17:41 +0200

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am submitting the following comments and questions in my personal
capacity:

* In 388 it is stated that "no limit is proposed to the number of times
the community can veto a strategic plan". Nevertheless in 391 there are
only thresholds given regarding the first and second veto. What support
will be needed for the later vetoes?

* Regarding 407 number 7 (see also 409 no. 7, ): "No new call to
consider the removal of that same director can be made during the term
they are serving on the Board following a vote to remove them failing or
no decision being  made". This would grant immunity to such Board
members which might foster (further) wrongdoing by this director. It
needs to be considered what happens if there are any new serious
difficulties that arrive with that particular Director within the term.

* 415, 423: What requirements need to be met by this Interim Board?
What happens if the SOs and ACs can not agree on directors (Hence, no
notice which includes a signed statement from the candidate(s) of their
willingness to serve and any other information that the Bylaws require
Board candidates to provide prior to election would be given)?

* 429, 430: I do not agree with this minority viewpoint.

I hope, these comments are useful.

Kind regards
Linda Breucker

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     M.Sc. Economist             Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
     Linda Breucker              Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Project Manager             SIP:    Linda.Breucker@xxxxxxxx
                                 E-Mail: Linda.Breucker@xxxxxxxx

                                 Register Court:
                                 Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 13728