ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

"Closed Generic" gTLD Applications

  • To: comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: "Closed Generic" gTLD Applications
  • From: "swe.fb" <swe.fb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:53:26 +0100

The internet must be kept free and neutral for everyone and for business of ALL sizes. . . While I'm not opposed to tld's of a registered trademark like ".amazon" or ".google"... I object and am strongly opposed to the anti-competitive monopolization of generic or generally non-trademarkable tld's such as .music .art .hair .gifts or .groceries .etc . I find such requests and their allowance to be anti-competitive and completely unacceptable.