ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-com-amendment-30jun16]

raising .com prices would kill businesses

  • To: comments-com-amendment-30jun16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: raising .com prices would kill businesses
  • From: Sean Kelly <seaniskelly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:49:45 -0700

I saw that you guys were planning on giving Verisign no limits on .com
pricing.

As a small business owner I can tell you that would stifle growth of small
businesses like mine.

One of the most wonderful things right now is that I can have an idea, buy
a domain, and get a website up all within a week.

But if domain pricing shoots up, it will stifle this situation and curb
innovation and new business.

Please don't make this step.

Thanks,
Sean